Wednesday 19 June 2013

On the farm

Remember this one time when I went away with all the bloggers in March to Norbury Manor? Of course you do I talk about it all the time.

You may remember in that post that one of the highlights was when we went in search of some alpacas that some of the group claimed to have seen during a walk about. We never found those alpacas but we were confronted by two farm dogs who were not best pleased at our loitering. In case you forgot the photo or can't be bothered to click through to that link then here they are...


Fast forward to a month or so later. One of my bosses wants to get together some of the key account people to have a strategy meeting of sorts and wants it off-site. Someone has mentioned a place -  a farm that's not a million miles away that has cottages and a big meeting room. Will I check it out?

So I go online and check it out and it all sounds good. We go ahead and book and the dates are put in people's diaries.

A few days before we go away I go back to the website for another look. Oh how exciting it's a working farm with real animals and everything and oh good lord they have alpacas, I love alpacas.

I get in the car with my sister on Monday morning and we gear up the sat nav, we put the postcode in and I'm vaguely reminded of something. I look at a map and some of the directions on the website and realise that it's quite close to Norbury Manor...

I read the directions some more. It talks about going over a bridge.

As in...a bridge that you might play pooh sticks on and not be able to work out who won?


Alpacas + Pooh Stick bridge + near Norbury Manor...

No. It couldn't be. What would be the chances?

We pull up and there, standing before me who do I see?


Kipper.

Who promptly does this,


And then this...


Closely followed by Charlie who growls as me and yet wants me to stroke him and seems to be quite confused about which he wants more.


And a cat! Called Suki who has the most soft and beauiful fur ever.


And another cat called Tango, who unfortunately eluded my camera.

And alpacas!

And donkeys!


And little chicks!


I am indeed on the other side of the fence to where I was standing about 2 months previously.

Cue immediately taking to Twitter to tell #TeamNorbury about where I was.

Unbelievable.

---------------------

This was a work thing so I've ummed and aahed about whether to post this and whether or not I should link to the place we stayed. I don't feel comfortable going into too many details about our stay but I equally want to recommend it to anyone who was looking for a holiday cottage let in the Derbyshire/Staffordshire area. If you do want the details about where we stayed drop me an e-mail or send me a Tweet (@Shippers83) and I'll let you know the details. It was fabulous.

5 comments:

  1. Aaaawing in work over the animals and getting strange looks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suki!! You'd better remove that photo before Lucy sees it or I reckon she might drive back down there and catnap her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kipper!! What sweeties they are on the other side of the fence! Oh I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd really like to know where this was, out of nosiness as I'm from the Derbyshire / Staffordshire area - I have an idea where it was, but then there are loads of farms around here with llamas and alpacas so I may be wrong!

    ReplyDelete

Go on. Say something. You know you want to...