It's no secret (probably because I published it on ma blog) that I hit a bit of a stumbling block a while ago. In the midst of this meltdown I got an offer from Heather to come and see her and I decided to take her up on it because
a) I've been meaning to go and see her again since the last time I saw her, and
b) I wanted to see her because it's not often I get to talk to real live pregnant people.
Little Tin Bird Therapy (TM) Sessions consist of a variety of activities;
- Allowing me to touch her pregnancy bump
- Allowing me to ask inane questions about pregnancy
- Allowing me to chunter about losing my job and how well crap it was
- A mutual cherry tomato love in
- A refreshing walk up the mountain that leads to her house
- A Touch Session of her baby's blanket
- Allowing me to chunter about my big cat experience
- A discussion of the greatest programme on earth, Animal Park
- A Touch Session of itty bitty tiny baby clothes
- A practice push of her new pram around the room
- A Touch Session with only slightly scary rabbits
- Allowing me to repeatedly ask her "And what colour is that?" as I pointed to various shades of Stylecraft yarn in her box
- A free gift of a set of playing cards with cats on them.
- A trip to the local yarn shop to buy yarn for a blanket that I will blatantly copy off her
Her prices are very reasonable - all you have to do is wrap a present for her because she's too pregnant to get on the floor and do it.
I have signed up for a course of treatment in the future where activities may also include;
- Getting to push the baby in the pram and pretend that it's mine
I can highly recommend LTB Therapy (TM) as a means to a happier, more fulfilled life.