It has been a long long time since I participated in one of these meme things and when I saw this one going round I secretly kind of hoped I'd be tagged in it. Luckily for me Hazel obliged and much time has been spent thinking up my answers and new questions.
First, you paste in these instructions:
1) You must post 11 random things about yourself
2) Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post
3) Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
4) Go to their blog and tell them you've tagged them
5) No stuff about 'you're tagged if you're reading this' - legitimately tag people.
11 random things about me:
1) For a long long time I collected crocodiles in all shapes and sizes and had a ridiculous number. Then I got older, grew out of it and threw most of them away, apart from 4 little ones. I kind of regret that now although not really, because it would just be another box I’d have to store somewhere.
2) The little finger on my right hand is double jointed. I can do gross things with it.
3) I don’t get the notion of backpacking/travelling for extended periods of time. It has just never ever appealed to me.
4) I hate peanut butter. But only when it’s in a jar. I eat satay and I love Reese’s peanut things. I realise this makes me a little freaky.
5) I was born with a caul. For those not in the know this means I had a membrane over my face which normally breaks during labour. It also apparently means I will never drown. My Dad said I looked like an alien when I was born. Which is nice.
6) If I won the lottery I wouldn’t be one of those people who stayed in their jobs. I would walk straight into work, quit and walk right back out again.
7) I have a weird scar around my belly button which is from a hernia operation I had when I was toddler.
8) I love horror films. So much. I get beyond scared and jumpy but I love that feeling.
9) My Dad once left a crescent shaped scar on my forehead for years after a game of bob-down tig got physical (I didn’t think he’d really tag me so I didn’t bob down and he hadn’t cut his nails, cue wailing child with blood pouring down her face.)
10) My favourite animal of all time (apart from cats obvs) is a tarsier.
11) I know Professor Brian Cox.
Hazel's Questions for me to answer:
1. What song always makes you happy when you hear it?
LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem. That song is just pure brilliance, it cannot fail but put me in an awesome mood. One day I swear I will learn to shuffle.
2. What movie would you most like to be in and why?
I will be in the movie of my own life. But I won’t play myself, I will play my witty best friend. I’ll get someone way more attractive than me to play myself. Plus I’ll have written the film so I’ll be all tired from doing that and won’t want a starring role.
3. If you were a Disney character, who would you be and why?
Tricky one for me because I'm a freak who doesn't really like Disney which means that a) it's hard for to relate to any of the characters and b) I don't know who any of the freaking characters are! A friend however pointed me in the direction of this online quiz and apparently according to that I'm Belle. Which must make The Person, The Beast. I'll break that to him later.
4. Do you have any nicknames?
Thanks to the fact that there were 4 of us in the same year with the same first name, I had a nickname for pretty much the entire time I was at school which was a derivative of my surname. I won’t share it here because I like to try and keep my privacy but it was used so much that one girl who joined the school many years later actually thought that was my name. I am pretty thankful I no longer get called it.
Within the family I am called Beedlebum. No-one can adequately explain why this is. Apparently it was because I had a little stripy romper suit thing but no-one can explain how this got me my name.
5. What one thing would you take with you on a deserted island?
A knitting bag crammed full of wool and hooks. (I realise this might be stretching the “one thing” part of this question) Then I would crochet things and then pull them out and do something different. Should keep me entertained. Plus I can crochet myself up a bikini if I really wanted to.
6. Who would you snog, marry and kill?
Snog: David Beckham (I walked smack bang into someone the other day because I was gawping at a photo of him in H&M in his pants.)
Marry: Gary Barlow (no explanation needed surely?!)
Kill: Robert Pattison (He really really can’t act and I feel this is the most effective way to stop people casting him in films.)
7. What do you miss most from your childhood?
Going to the library on a Saturday morning with my Dad.
8. How do you spend a typical Sunday?
Sundays are split into 3 kinds of Sundays thanks to being in a long distance relationship. One is Sunday with The Person and one is Sunday without The Person.
Sundays with The Person in Preston:
- Get up late
- Trip to Morrisons to get lunch and get some dinner for me to have when I get home.
- Mooch about feeling sad that I have to leave.
- Spend 3 hours travelling back to Hull
- Get home about 6.30pm.
- Eat dinner
- Feel sorry for myself.
Sundays with The Person in Hull:
- Get up late
- Go out to greasy spoon for full English
- Mooch about feeling sad that he has to leave
- Wave goodbye and then spend the rest of the day feeling sorry for myself.
Sundays on my own:
- Get up ridiculously early
- Put on Andrew Marr Politics Show and pretend to watch until I realise I’m just not that intelligent and switch over to watch a rerun of Gok’s Roadshow or Supernanny US.
- Clean the house with The Scot because Newbie and Peter Pan seem to miraculously go missing at the first whiff of cleaning fluid.
- Catch up on all the TV I’ve missed during the week thanks to iPlayer/ITVPlayer/4OD.
- Bemoan the fact that I’ve done nothing with my weekend/bemoan the fact that I’ve had too busy a weekend
9. What 3 celebrities would you most like to invite to dinner?
1) Sarah Millican – she makes me laugh and just had a nice voice to listen to
2) Kate Moss – I feel there’s something more about her than the public sees
3) Tom Cruise – I want to know if he really is that crazy.
10. Name 3 things you cannot live without
1) My Mum (I realise this might be a problem at some point)
2) Reading (I literally don’t understand it when people say they don’t read at all)
3) Cross-stitch/crocheting/embroidering/craftiness (I will come close to freaking out if I’m not doing something when watching TV. I cannot abide being totally idle.)
11. What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid?
A police dog handler! I have no idea why but that was 100% what I wanted to do. And not Springer Spaniels sniffing out drugs, I wanted to look after big mahoosive German Shepherdds and make them chase bad guys. I still love German Shepherds.
My 11 questions for the people that I tag:
1) You win millions and squillions on the lottery, what is the first thing you do?
2) Cats or dogs?
3) If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
4) If money/qualifications were no object, what would your ideal job be?
5) What was the last thing to make you really really laugh?
6) What was the last film you saw at the cinema?
7) You can only eat one meal for the rest of your life. What is it?
8) What is your worst habit?
9) What was your best holiday?
10) Marmite: Lover or hater?
11) What do you do best?
Who I am tagging:
Heather, The Curious Cat, Petit Filoux, Lucy, Bella Bee and Me, Grateful4Crochet
Obviously, should anyone else want to take part then please feel free, don't be like me and sit there waiting in the wings. And equally obviously, if any of you lot above don't want to do it then I promise I won't hold it against you. Much.