So I thought that I would do an update every so often on the ol’ resolutions front, keep me on the straight and narrow and make sure that I’m sticking to them.
As you can imagine, not a great deal has been done so far as we’re only in January but I’m starting to make progress on a few, I am tracking my progress as I go - up there in the right hand corner there's a page, click on it. GO!
1. Run 5km race – I am now back at the gym and slowly getting back the fitness that I lost over the Christmas break, it’s ridiculous how quickly it disappears from you, I only missed 3 weeks for God’s sake. Two other friends have signed up to run this with me and I am signed up to the Race for Life website so I will know when the race in Hull is. One of these friends rather helpfully is seeing a guy who is a fitness instructor and he’s going to give us a little plan and take us out running once the weather (and our general fitness) improves.
2. Crochet a ripple blanket – Until funds improve I’m thinking this isn’t going to happen but I think I might ask for yarn for my birthday and get some stash in that way.
3. Back up photos on to CD – thank you to all of you who suggested an external hard drive but I’m sure you’ll realise that having explained my financial situation this isn’t really an option for me, I don’t have the spare £40 needed unfortunately. But I do have a stack of CDs and although it’s taking a while I’m slowly but surely making headway on this one.
4. Paint my frog – I've made a start! I spent Sunday late morning and afternoon with newspaper spread over the table, my acrylic paints beside me, and, paintbrush in hand, made a start on Project Toad. And here's how he's looking so far;
5. Go to the cinema on my own – Not yet!
6. Project 365 – I have stuck to this one so far but it’s every bit as hard as I was warned it would be, which is slightly worrying, considering that we haven’t reached the month’s end yet. But it is still fun for the most part. The problem is finding something new to photograph when you do the same thing for 5 days of the week! I’m begging for the seasons to change because then there’ll be a whole lot more action. My photostream, can be found here if you wanted to have a look (and just why wouldn't you?!)
7. Make album/scrapbook of France 2010 holiday – This is a funds issue as well – need to get the photos printed out, hopefully will have some spare cash in February/March to do this.
8. Travel to Belfast to see family – Have looked at prices for flights (that’s a whole blog post in itself, believe me). They’re not crazily expensive but it’s obviously something for much later in the year.
9. Read 12 Classics – Number 1 has been started, Midnight’s Children by Salman Rushdie. Talk about throwing yourself in at the deep end. I thought when I decided to do this that one a month was pretty doable but I think I’m going to need the names of some thin classics! 647 pages was a stupid thing to start with
10. Cross stitch one Christmas card each month - Done and done! Woo hoo! January’s card has been completed and I feel very proud of myself. It’s given me the chance to delve into my file of ripped out pages from Cross Stitch magazines and do some designs I haven’t done because they’re too time consuming. Very pleased. And the bonus? Finishing it meant that I could take a picture of it for Project 365 - I love it when you can kill two birds with one stone. Although not literally. That's just horrible. Anyway, you can see it here.