Monday 12 May 2014

BEDM Day 12: Walk to Work

As soon as I saw this on the list of topics for BEDM I had a very wry smile on my face.

Why?

Take a look at this photo;


I took this photo from my living room window - you see that arrow over there on the far right?

That's where my work is. It takes me about 7 minutes to walk from the door of my flat to the comfort of my office chair.

I'm a lucky devil. Just under two years ago my commute involved walking about five miles a day and a train journey. Just over a year ago I moved to my new job and my commute was a much more pleasant experience as documented in last year's BEDM post on the same topic. A walk of about a mile and a half with lots of lovely views and the chance to see the castle every day.

I know which one out of the three that I prefer...

5 comments:

  1. In theory, I could walk to work - it's only a few miles down the main road. I never just go there, though - always to the gym straight from work or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My commute from bed to work takes 15 seconds. Beat that! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I wish I could walk to work but it is nearly an hours drive away :(

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Result! But no excuses when it snows...

    ReplyDelete
  5. My commute is from my bed to the living room - oh the joy of working from home. But that means I barely get out, which kinda sucks at times. Does mean working in my pjs a lot though and beats the hour commute on a bus that i use to do!

    ReplyDelete

Go on. Say something. You know you want to...